I don’t’ know about you, but my skin can get to feel pretty rough during the winter if I don’t have a skincare routine in place and really stick to it. After growing up in Michigan and going through my fair share of winters, I have a tried and true routine that I can’t do without! Today I’m talking about my ride or dies when it comes to keeping my skin healthy and happy!
1. Grown Alchemist Polishing Facial Exfoliant. This is, by far, my favorite exfoliant that I’ve tried. It is a little on the pricier side, but a little of this goes a long way, and I really do notice a difference when I use it and when I don’t. It’s gentle on my face, but still effective in removing dry and dead skin cells. It always leaves my skin looking brighter and smoother after I use it. I’ve noticed that my moisturizer is also absorbed much better on the days I use this first! If that’s not a win, I don’t know what is.
2. Coco Shea Coconut 24-Hour Moisture. This moisturizer pulls double duty for me! Not only is it a great full body lotion, but I have also been loving using a tiny bit on my face! The coco and shea butters leave my skin feeling so soft and hydrated while the coconut oil helps to nourish and nurture my skin. The faint scent of coconut is also nice during the cold winter months as I’ve always associated it with warmer and more tropical weather! At least I can pretend that I’m not freezing with snow and frost around me!
3. Vaseline Intensive Care Aloe Soothe. Just like the last moisturizer, this lotion is also a great full body lotion. When I’m not really feeling the scent of coconut though, I opt out for this one by Vaseline. In my opinion, it’s just as good! The aloe in it is great for soothing my skin if it’s a little irritated from the cold wind outside. Even though there’s Vaseline jelly mixed in, I never feel like it leave my face oily or shiny looking. If you’re someone that loves being outside during the winter, it’ll also help relieve any wind burn or chafing from scarves, headbands, etc.
4. Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner. When my pores need a little help and I see the beginning signs of a breakout on my face, I always reach for this toner! It’s a great formula that helps cleanse my skin of impurities that would give me full blown breakouts. It also helps keep those excess oils from wreaking havoc! It’s also very cooling and refreshing! I love using it first thing in the morning to help wake me up a little. I just dab a little on a cotton round, wipe it all over my face, and go!
5. Breakout Box 3-In-1 Ace Treatment Kit. I received this complimentary of Influenster to test out in my latest VoxBox. Each kit comes with 24 Pimple Shrinking Salicylic Acid & Tea Tree Dots, 24 Whitehead-Absorbing Hydrocolloid Dots, and 3 Blackhead-Eliminating Nose Strips. The dots are my new favorite spot treatments! Their design makes them super easy and convenient to use. Just peel one of the dots and stick it where you need to. The nose strips are perfect to help get rid of dead skin, decongest and minimize pores. Peeling this off along with seeing and feeling just how deeply it reached was unlike any other strip I’ve tried before!
6. Shea Butter Hand Cream. Ever since I was little, this has been a product that my mom has sworn by. She always had a tube of it on her nightstand, and I felt so grown up when she’d let me use some too! Now that I’m older and appreciate good products, I understand why this has always been a favorite of hers! The quality and results don’t lie! A tiny pea size drop of this is all I need to use on my hands, but it leaves them feeling so soft and smooth without feeling oily. With colds being spread and caught so easily in the winter, I wash my hands tons which is not the best for my skin. This hand cream helps combat that while still letting me keep the germs away!
7. Energie de Vie The Smoothing & Plumping Water-Infused Cream. You know what they say, there’s no time like the present! I may only be in my twenties, but it’s never too soon to take care of your skin. Another product shared with me by my mom, and I love it just as much as the last! I use this twice a day; once in the morning and once before bed. I’m not going to lie and say I eat a perfectly balanced diet, drink plenty of water, and always wear sunscreen because I don’t. This cream helps me combat everyday life though. After using it for months, I definitely notice the bags under my eyes aren’t nearly as bad, the fine lines on my forehead have smoothed out, and even if I’m feeling tired, my skin doesn’t look it nearly as much as it used to!
What are your must have skin care products to make it through another winter?