Happy Monday, y’all!
I don’t know what it’s like where you live, but here in North Carolina, the sun is finally out consistently and the temperatures are getting warmed. Now that it is officially March and we’ve sprung forward an hour, I’m in full on spring mode!
It’s also the time of the year where I refresh and revamp what I’m using (or restock on my faves). Today, I’m talking all about some of my favorite products going into this spring season!
1. Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer. This product is no stranger in my makeup collection! If you read my 6 of My Fall Beauty Faves post, you’ll know that this is the only bronzer I use anymore. The light and tropical scent of this makes it a must have, for me, for spring! I love how it gives me my skin that perfect sun kissed glow that looks so natural and beautiful!
2. Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater. This is another oldie but goodie for me! It’s the perfect light and refreshing facial spray that I always love to have on hand. I love that I can use this whether it’s a full face of makeup kind of day or just a day getting things done around the house too! It’s perfect for setting my makeup or even just when my skin needs a little refresher! At under $10, it really can’t be beat!
3. Go With The Lava Flow Nail Lacquer by O.P.I. There’s just something about springtime and the warmer weather that makes me want to have a pretty color on my nails. I’ve always been a big fan of reds and corals, so when I saw this shade at Ulta, I knew I had to have it! It’s the perfect golden red that reads a little more coral than red. It’s the perfect pop of color that really goes well with any look too!
4. Endless Weekend Ultra Shea Body Cream by Bath & Body Works. This is one of my most favorite scents from Bath & Body Works, but especially when the weather is warmer and nicer out! It’s light with a touch of tropical that keeps me coming back for more! The aloe butter, cocoa butter, and shea in the formula leave my skin feeling soft and moisturized without that greasy feeling left behind.
5. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Firming Moisturizer. If you’re like me, you’re skin’s shade range varies greatly throughout the year. I like to call it my winter Asian and summer Asian times! Spring is that awkward in between time, when I’m not super pale anymore (thank goodness), but I’m not tan either. This lotion is the perfect boost of color my skin needs, and the scent reminds me of days spent on the beach!
What are the products you’ve been loving as the weather gets warmer? Let me know in the comments below!
Happy Monday, ya’ll!
If you read my post two weeks ago, you’ll know that this is part two of that series! If you haven’t had the chance to read it yet, you can click here and get all caught up!
After I have the guest bathroom all stocked and fully loaded with the things to make my guests’ stay a little better, it’s on to the bedroom. When I’m getting the guest room together, I always try to think of little ways to make it comfy, cozy, and inviting; a place I would want to stay in.
First things first: the bed: I’m a big believer in fresh sheets and plenty of pillows! There are normally at least four pillows on the bed, not including decorative ones. This way our guests have plenty to use if they want, or the extras can just go on the floor.
Depending on the season determines what kind of comforter or duvet cover is on the bed. In the colder months, it’s a little ticker and warmer. Right now, I have a white duvet cover that has an almost woven like texture to it on the bed.
There’s a mirror and a small hutch in the corner of the room, but other than those and the bed, there’s not much else in the ways of furniture. The guest room isn’t big by any means, so less is definitely more in this case!
Little touches you’ll also find are a letter board with the Wi-Fi information, extra blankets in the hutch, and hangers in the closet.
What little things stand out to you the most when you stay at someone’s home? Let me know in the comments below!
I have such a big sweet tooth; candy, cake, ice cream, you name it! My husband on the other hand is a little pickier when it comes to the ones he likes. While I will eat pretty much any kind of sweet, he would much rather have something that’s light and not quite so sugary sweet tasting.
Enter these cookies that he had months ago, and I knew I had to figure out how to make them for myself! After much trial and error to get the texture just right, I have a new go to cookie recipe that we both can enjoy!
What You’ll Need
• 1 Box of Lemon Cake Mix
• 1 Egg
• 1 8 oz tub of Cool Whip
• About 1/2 Cup of Powdered Sugar
Like always, you’ll want to start by preheating your oven to 350°F and having your baking tray ready to go. I lined mine with a silicone baking mat to help prevent sticking, but parchment paper would work too!
Next you’ll combine your cake mix, egg, and Cool Whip in a bowl. Mix all of this together until it’s well combined. The mixture may seem lighter and a little fluffier than normal cookie doughs, but that’s how it’s supposed to be!
Next you’ll take two spoons and a portion at a time, coat the dough in the powder sugar before placing on your baking tray. Once your tray is full, you’ll put them in the oven to bake for about 10 minutes! Repeat this step until all of your cookie dough has been baked.
Allow cookies to cool on the tray for a minute or two before moving them to a wire rack to fully cool. Once all of your cookies have been baked, enjoy!
Warning: In my experience, it is impossible to eat just one!