I love everything about Christmas time; store fronts decorated with sparkling lights, snowmen, and snowflakes, mugs of hot chocolate with marshmallows, getting to see family and friends, and all of the festivities that the season brings.
While I love going out to dinner or a movie with my husband, we can go on those kinds of dates anytime of the year. As we get older, quality time spent together is that much more important to us and all the more special!
Today, I’m helping you get a jumpstart with 25 things that should be on your bucket list this holiday season!
1. Decorate the house and fill it with the holiday spirit!
2. Bake and decorate holiday themed cookies. This is a tradition that is still going strong in my family!
3. Attend a tree lighting ceremony.
4. Go skiing or snowboarding, even if it is just on a hill by your house!
5. Drive around to look at Christmas lights and decorations. Some neighborhoods really go all out!
6. Unleash your inner child and have a good old fashioned snowball fight.
7. Make homemade ornaments. They can be as simple or intricate, uniformed or sentimental as you want!
8. Binge watch all of the Christmas Movies!
9. Make homemade hot chocolate mix. Another tradition in my family, and it will always be one of my favorites!
10. Have an indoor picnic. Spread out a big comfy blanket, have the candles or fireplace burning, and enjoy!
11. Make peppermint bark, or any kind of chocolate bark for that matter! There’s no limit to the combinations you can create.
12. Make and decorate a gingerbread house! This is a lot easier nowadays since you can buy the kits at the store.
13. Build a snowman complete with a scarf, buttons, and a carrot nose!
14. Roast s’mores over a fire. If you don’t have access to a fireplace, there are some great indoor s’mores kits too!
15. Go on The Polar Express train ride. To find the one nearest to you, a simple Google search will do!
16. Make all of the winter comfort food; soups, casseroles, breads, etc.!
17. Volunteer at your favorite charity or organization. If time is limited for you, donations are always appreciated, especially around the holidays!
18. Take Christmas pictures to document the end of another year and to be able to look back in the years to come.
19. Go for a carriage ride on a snowy night.
20. Make a pillow and blanket fort. This would be a great place to watch all of the Christmas movies from too!
21. Bundle up and go window shopping. I’ve found some of the best and most unique Christmas gifts this way!
22. Go ice skating. I am by no means a great skater, but something about it just makes me think of the holiday season!
23. Host a game night! Sometimes there’s nothing better than good food, good company, and playing good old fashioned board games.
24. Make snow angels! I’ve loved doing this since I was little, and now that my siblings have little ones, it’s fun to keep the tradition going with them.
25. Dance around the house to Christmas music. Nothing puts me in the holiday spirit more than the songs I’ve been listening to all my life!
What are your favorite things to do during the holiday season?
One thought on “25 Fun Winter Date Ideas”
Wonderful ideas. I noticed among them this: 13. Build a snowman complete with a scarf, buttons, and a carrot nose!
Snowman in Finnish way:
Snowman and snow art
Have a wonderful day!